Pages

Sunday, December 15, 2019

3 year old Daughter

by Dianne

A father put his 3-year-old daughter to bed, told her a story and listened to her prayers which ended by saying, “God bless Mommy, God bless Daddy, God bless Grandma and goodbye Grandpa.”

The father asked, ‘Why did you say good-bye Grandpa?’

The little girl said, “I don’t know daddy, it just seemed like the thing to do.”

The next day grandpa died. The father thought it was a strange coincidence.

A few months later the father put the girl to bed and listened to her prayers, “God bless Mommy, God Bless Daddy and goodbye Grandma.”

The next day the grandmother died.

“Holy crap” thought the father, “this kid is in contact with the other side.”

Several weeks later when the girl was going to bed the dad heard her say, “God bless Mommy and goodbye Daddy.”

He practically went into shock. He couldn’t sleep all night and got up at the crack of dawn to go to his office. He was nervous as a cat all day, had lunch and watched the clock. He figured if he could get by until midnight he would be okay. He felt safe in the office, so instead of going home at the end of the day he stayed there, drinking coffee, looking at his watch and jumping at every sound. Finally midnight arrived; he breathed a sigh of relief and went home.

When he got home his wife said, “I’ve never seen you work so late. What’s the matter?”

He said, “I don’t want to talk about it, I just had the worst day of my life.”

She said, “You think you had a bad day? You’ll never believe what happened to me. This morning the mailman dropped dead on our porch!”

9 comments:

Dianne said...

Hello....well, Tammy is on a girls trip since sat to Cabo and went out tonight and missed a step going in a place and broke her ankle. They had to put it back in place at hospital with pain meds and she now needs surgery. She’s trying to come home tmrw and go from there. Last year on Christmas vacation with family she slipped on a boat and tore hamstring. This is very scary and I’m so worried about her....again.

Barb, recd your beautiful Christmas card today. They are really nice. Thank you.

Happy birthday, Mary. I hope you had a fun day.

Hi, JL

Dianne said...

Where is everyone?

Just_Lin said...

Dianne Here I am! I am up way too early for no good reason. Yesterday, I slept until almost noon. Geez!

I'm sorry the injection for your back hasn't really helped you. That must be so frustrating for you. It's not a fun thing to do but it would be worth it if there was actually some good results. My back has been bothering me and I blame it on all the recent baking I was doing and the leaning forward to decorate cookies. At least I'm done with all that now. I will be getting the goodies and presents in the mail today. What a relief that the hard work of the holidays will be behind me.

I can't believe Tammy hurt herself so badly (again) while being on a fun trip. That is really, really too bad. i'm sure she is very disappointed, too, that her fun time with her girlfriends has to be cut short.

Just_Lin said...

Barb When do you head to San Diego? My daughter is driving down here on Saturday with her dogs. Initially, the plan was for her to stay until the last Sunday of the month, then she and a friend were going to drive back to Oregon, stopping at a couple of places along the way to spend the night and explore the area. Now she will still take the mini trip with her friend but return back to my house because her employer is sending her to Phoenix on January 13 and her dogs will stay with me while she is gone. So I get to have her here for longer than was originally planned. That will be nice for me. She'll be working during the day but it will be nice to have someone help me figure out "what's for dinner". LOL

Mary/MI said...

That was funny Dianne!
I’m not ignoring you guys honestly!
I got a new, smaller keyboard and it is driving me crazy! I have had 4 of my post suddenly deleted before I could finish! I just lost another one I almost finished and poof, Gone!
I am on my iPad which I am not good at it! Letters too small.
I will try again tomorrow.

Mary/MI said...

Here I go again! I have been busy most of the week. I am happy to announce that my shopping is done!! I mailed out all pkgs and ready to relax!
My Grandson Liam and son Tony were over yesterday. I made home made tortillas for burritos..Liam doesn't eat meat so I made cheese quesadillias. He has to be back to work so won't be here for Christmas dinner on Sat. My son Tony and his wife are flying to Spokane WA to see my Grandson, Logan and his new twins and 2 yr old Everleigh for Christmas.He always requests enchiladas, so I will be making more Mex. food lol!
Jim is going to see his sis tomorrow. She really has not improved much. Her brother from Boston and the one from the Upper Peninsula have been to see her.
Well, I am going to close, before this post disappears LOL!

sacBarb said...

Mary, I get hungry every time I read about what you are cooking or going to cook. Mexican food is my second favorite, next to Italian, of course! I hope you enjoyed your birthday and got pampered a little.

sacBarb said...

J/L, I leave for San Diego on Monday and will be back home Friday night. I’m just starting to get things together. I already have their Christmas gifts and the Christmas decorations Todd made in elementary school, all ready to go. Just need to get my clothes together. Todd is cooking prime rib for Christmas, which is what I usually cook, so I won’t be missing out. Chad got a small prime rib to cook for him and Marie. There will be leftovers for both of them.

sacBarb said...

Dianne, so sorry the shots are not helping your back pain. What does the doctor suggest now? Back pain is miserable. My back has been pretty good since 2015 when I had surgery. Keeping my fingers crossed it stays that way.