Pages

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

The Haircut

by Sac Barb

Blessed are those that can give without remembering,  and take without forgetting.

One day a florist went to a barber for a haircut. After the cut, he asked about his bill, and the barber replied, 'I cannot accept money from you, I'm doing community service this week.' 


The florist was pleased and left the shop.


When the barber went to open his shop the next morning, there was a 'thank you' card and a dozen roses waiting for him at his door.


Later, a cop comes in for a haircut, and when he tries to pay his bill , the barber again replied, 'I cannot accept money from you, I'm doing community service this week.' The cop was happy and left the shop. 


The next morning when the barber went to open up, there was a 'thank you ' card and a dozen donuts waiting for him at his door.


Then a Congressman came in for a haircut, and when he went to pay his bill , the barber again replied, 'I can not accept money from you. I'm doing community service this week.' The Congressman was very happy and left the shop.


The next morning, when the barber went to open up, there were a dozen Congressmen lined up waiting for a free haircut. 


And that, my friends, illustrates the fundamental difference between the citizens of our country and the politicians who run it.


BOTH POLITICIANS AND DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON!

 

11 comments:

Jodi said...

Good morning!!! Just got in our seats!! MARY is in hollering range ;)

sacBarb said...

Yay Jodi. Hey to Mary and Kim. I'll be checking the Hawaii news for any visitor 'activity' in case you guys get caught doing anything exciting.

sacBarb said...

I got this little ditty from a Republican friend and I thought you all would appreciate it, no matter what your politics are. It would be funnier if it wasn't so true, no matter what the party!

sacBarb said...

Safe travels to all the travelers and LET THE FUN BEGIN!

Zona said...

BARB: I LOVE THIS!! So true!!

Well..I hope JODI, JLIN and MARY have either been..or will soon be lei'd in Hawaii!! Have fun kids..don't cause too much havoc! :D

Jodi said...

Lei'd and heading to our first event! Aloha!

Mary/MI said...

Got lai d!! Loving Hawaii !!! on our way out the door for some fun mischief!! BLL

Dianne/Denver said...

Mary and Jodi ....glad you arrived safely and are on your way for some fun. Behave...it's night one. :)

Barb, funny and so true blog. Thanks for sending it in for us.

Zona, hello. Not swimming yet, are you?

We took my granddaughters to Olive Garden tonight. They love to go there. It was nice to spend time with them and oldest is grounded from phone so it was even nicer. We actually had conversation. :). Although, they are pretty good about that with me. We also went for ear piercing for you gets one (third hole) and it now cost $54. I remember when it was less than $20 at the same place. Crazy

Going to the theater tomorrow night.

Zona said...

JODI and MARY: Yay! Glad you had a safe flight and got lei'd first thing!

DIANNE: Nope..I'll let you know tho..

FROM 51:

BARB: So what did you think of NCIS last night? I thought it was really good..loved the the little girl who played Abby as a child..she was terrific!

Off to bed..good night everyone!

Jodi said...

DIANNE - No trouble.....yet ;)

Jodi said...

ZONA - Thanks and sleep well :)