Pages

Thursday, October 18, 2018

The Mailman


by Dianne

It was the mailman’s last day on the job after 35 years of carrying the mail through all kinds of weather to the same neighborhood.

When he arrived at the first house on his route he was greeted by the whole family there, who congratulated him and sent him on his way with a big gift envelope.

At the second house they presented him with a box of fine cigars.

The folks at the third house handed him a selection of terrific fishing lures.

At the fourth house he was met at the door by a strikingly beautiful woman in a revealing negligee. She took him by the hand, gently led him through the door (which she closed behind him), and led him up the stairs to the bedroom where she blew his mind with the most passionate love he had ever experienced. When he had had enough they went downstairs, where she fixed him a giant breakfast: eggs, potatoes, ham, sausage, blueberry waffles, and fresh-squeezed orange juice.

When he was truly satisfied she poured him a cup of steaming coffee. As she was pouring, he noticed a dollar bill sticking out from under the cup’s bottom edge.

“All this was just too wonderful for words,” he said, “but what’s the dollar for?”

“Well,” she said, “last night, I told my husband that today would be your last day, and that we should do something special for you. I asked him what to give you. My husband said, ‘Screw him, give him a dollar.’ ”

The lady then said, “The breakfast was my idea.”

***Dianne, I laughed so loud when I read this, Mark wanted to know what was wrong! - Tina~ 

7 comments:

sacBarb said...

Dianne, I echo Tina’s comment. Chad thought I was crying. I have an appointment for my annual physical today. It’s a 15 minute appointment. Don’t know how much the doc can do in 15 minutes, but look over my lab results from yesterday. The boys are going to take me and wait for me, then we are going to Pinkberry yogurt and get some to go for Sandy, Arch’s Mom. She had eye surgery today. We still haven’t totally integrated the cats yet. We will probably let them all out tomorrow. It should be interesting.

Mary/MI said...

Dianne, loved it! I will be reading it to Jim in a few minutes lol! Our mail person is a lady. We tip her over Christmas. I hope she isn't thinking of retiring lol!

Barb, good hearing from you in cat-ville lol! I would love to see pics of all of them. Ask them real nice to pose mk? LOL!! I have never heard of "Pinkberry yogurt". Sounds good!

This month is going by so fast!
Have you all bought your lottery tickets? One billion $ sounds good to me!!


Mary/MI said...

Oh Lort. I almost posted this on the last blog lol!

JustLin, I went back to area 51 to see if I missed anything. I see you posted. Yes, my surgery is getting closer. I am trying not to make a big thing of it. I know there are people out there with much bigger problems. I do appreciate my friends thinking of me :)

It was good hearing from you Missy Tina :)

Dianne said...

Hello....happy Sunday everyone. Well, we’ve had the most beautiful weather this weekend. It’s been 70 degrees, no clouds and just sunny and clear. We went to my grandsons football game yesterday and it was so nice sitting out there. You just want to be outside and have it last until Spring! Today I went to,launch with Barb and then tried on all my holiday shirts to see if they were too big or not. I have a bag of clothes to take to my dr’s medical assistant...Halloween, 4th of July, Christmas and.Valentines Day.

Nice seeing Tina on blog.

Mary, we bought our lottery tickets the other night and didn’t even win a dollar. We are all set for Tuesday night. We don’t usually buy them but it’s hard to resist with the amount of $$. You’re so lucky that you’ve probably won some already. We will be leaving for Branson the day before your surgery. You will and are in prayers.

Barb, well...question if the day....did the cats mingle yet? How was you 15 min dr appt? I agree with you, how can an annual physical only take 15 minutes? Was that really how long it took? You probably spent more time in the waiting room.

JL, hows that leg? How is your friend’s husband doing? Boy, that’s scary. Hope he’s on the road to recovery. Did you get out this week? I wanted to go to movie but Barb didn’t want to go this time. I may have to go alone.

Dianne said...

Hi...me again....not much to say. JL, fun that you got the Hamilton tickets. It sure was a long wait to get them, was t it? How did exactly is a virtual wait done? I kind of miss going to the theater.

I took Tammy and the girls for Tams 50th birthday to lunch today. I’m feeling old!

That’s all I’ve got on this end. Hope you’re all doing great

Mary/MI said...

Attention! I did NOT win the lottery!..as you were....

Just_Lin said...

NEW BLOG!