Pages

Sunday, March 18, 2012

The Marriage of Figaro Duettino - "Sull'aria" - Kiri Te Kanawa - Mirella Freni


by Michael




You may recognize this aria from the movie Shawshank Redemption. When Andy locked himself in the office and played this music for the prisoners their reaction was very special.

I liked this comment left on YouTube about the aria....Morgan Freeman's character "Red" said it in the movie:

I have no idea to this day what those two Italian ladies were singing about. Truth is, I don't want to know. Some things are best left unsaid. I'd like to think they were singing about something so beautiful, it can't be expressed in words, and makes your heart ache because of it. I tell you, those voices soared higher and farther than anybody in a gray place dares to dream. It was like some beautiful bird flapped into our drab little cage and made those walls dissolve away, and for the briefest of moments, every last man in Shawshank felt free.

14 comments:

Tina~in_ut said...

for once....you picked a decent song~ ty~ :D

Unknown said...

its best to close your eyes....turn it up loud and just listen....

The people...costumes in the video are hideous...

Lynn D said...

Morning everyone!

The music is beautiful and I agree with Michael that the costumes are hideous. lol

My Brother looked much better yesterday but is still having problems with the major vein in the right side of his brain, it is till trying to spasm. They are going to keep him in the hospital for a few more days.

I am staying home for the next few days and today I am just going to do laundry and relax. Truthfully I am pooped.

Waving at everyone!

Zona said...

MICHAEL: I did just what you suggested..closed my eyes..turned it up and just listened..it's beautiful. Thank you.

TINA: Hey wait..when did the good moaning stop?

LYNN: I'm glad you're brother is looking better..I hope they can get the vasospasms under control today! Relax..read..paint..and try and get some rest. :)

Cold and rainy here..yay! :D

Have a good one everybody! :)

Just_Lin said...

Tina You're looking McPretty today, as usual. What did you have for your dinner yesterday?

Just_Lin said...

Michael Thank you for the beautiful music today. I enjoyed it more when I didn't look at the ladies in their costumes. Thanks for including the quote from "Shawshank Redemption". I heard Morgan's voice the whole time I read it.

Just_Lin said...

LynnD Stay home and relax! That's the best plan evah! I will be sending prayers and positive thoughts to your brother.

Just_Lin said...

Zona Maybe we traded weather. I'm seeing blue skies and sunshine at the momenht.

Tina~in_ut said...

J/L~ we had Mexican food.....I had steak tacos and chips and guac~ Y U M M Y!!!!~ and it's SNOWING!!!! It's kinda nice actually....cuz I'm cozy in bed watching tv~ (and doing laundry!)

Just_Lin said...

Tina Love it! Laundry is always a good back-up plan when you want to be lazy but still get something done. Maybe I'll do laundry today, too. : )

Tina~in_ut said...

Have to git it done, J/L~ I'm on vacation starting Tuesday and my cousin is coming here. Can't wait~

Oh...and hubby just yelled from the bathroom (that's how we communicate) that Rosie's show has been canceled.....kind of a bummer....cuz I just started to like it~ :(

Just_Lin said...

Tina Not a big Rosie fan so never checked it out.

Unknown said...

well I guess thats a day.... I'll just get my video and go.....

Tina~in_ut said...

lmbo!!!~