Pages

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

~ Stupid People ~

by Tina~in_ut

I gave up cussing for Lent! I give up cussing for Lent EVERY year. Last year I didn't last more than a couple of weeks. The year before I did a really good job! I think God was testing me last night!!! Not one naughty word came outta my mouth. NOT ONE!!!! I did, however, rant "Stupid People!" over and over again.

My cousin flew in for the scrapbook expo last night. On our way to the hotel, yes....the hotel a whole city away from my house.....my daughter called and asked if we wanted to meet for dinner. She was downtown and we had just left the airport. We met at the mall to have dinner at the pub. We had a nice dinner and then walked back to our cars. The girl was only 3 cars down from us, but we all went to my car to get a present out of my cousin's suitcase for my daughter. It was kinda hilarious cuz I was trying to open the hatch without the suitcase falling on us and I noticed all this glass on the ground. I was so mad......I didn't want to cut a tire on all that glass. Then I realized that the glass wasn't there when we parked.....so I was trying to figure out where it could have come from......yes, dears.....I'm slow!!!!! Then I saw that my window was smashed......and as I'm writing this....I'm shaking my head and saying "stupid people!" I know in the big scheme of things, this isn't really a huge deal, but they took some of my scrapbook supplies. I bought a tote to hold all my tools. Gone! I had bought a small scrapbooking case to put my cutters, paper, scrapbook, twine, Gypsy charger, and other odds and ends in. Gone! That's it. That's all they took. It makes me sick to think about it, but listen to what they didn't get. My cousin's laptop! Stupid people! They didn't get the two afghans that my aunt who just passed away made. They didn't get my Gypsy or the $150 worth of markers that were RIGHT NEXT to what they took! (I didn't pay $150.....but that's what they retail for!) What they took is really only important to me. Stupid people!

I kept saying it over and over even when the security guards came. They were SO nice. They even had a sense of humor. I had to move my car to another spot so a maintenance guy could vacuum out all the glass. I parked in two spots to give him enough room. One of the security guards said, "Ma'am! I'm going to have to site you for taking up two stalls!" He's lucky I didn't hit him!

Why why why why why why why?!!! Why are people so mean and stupid?!!!

I have to say, though, that I'm grateful no one was hurt. I'm grateful my daughter wasn't there alone. (I almost sent her on home ahead of us because I knew she still had a lot of homework to do!) I'm grateful my cousin didn't lose anything. I'm grateful that I kept my cool and didn't cuss like I really wanted to. And I'm grateful you guys let me vent! Stupid people!!!!~

25 comments:

Unknown said...

so let me get this straight... they got away with an empty tote bag and an empty case...

You parked in a secluded poorly lit area didn't you?

Well these things are bound to happen when women get out adn about on their own without a man to take care of things...

mmm-mmm-mmm....

Tinka said...

Good Morning Michael - Congrats on being first. If you had been there to protect Tina I am sure none of this would have happened. We shouldn't go anywhere without a strong man to protect us. LOL

Tina - You have every right to vent and I am glad you could vent to us. I knew this blog was valuable. I wonder why they didn't take the stuff that could get them the most money? They either were scared away or were REALLY STUPID. It's a horrible thing to have happen to you but as you said. "At least no-one got hurt". (((((Hugs)))))

Tina~in_ut said...

Omg......michael.....i read ur comment to my cousin......and she said, "oh.....now he's a man!" Lmbo!!!!!~

Tina~in_ut said...

Good morning tinka~

Michael!!!!!! They weren't empty!!!!!

Zona said...

TINA: I HATE this kind of crap!! I'm sorry your window was broken and the totes and supplies were taken..but thank God the thief WAS stupid..and that's all they took! I'm glad you're all ok. DANG..what the heck is wrong with people anyway?!

Did you notice I refrained from cussing..even mildly? I wanted to though.

Good Morning TINKA and MICHAEL!

Shirley(NCC-1701) said...

Splat!!!

Shirley(NCC-1701) said...

I thought Tina was writing about Michael from the name of the blog!

Unknown said...

pokes hole in Shirley's hazmat suit...

sacBarb said...

Tina, It amazes me how stupid some people can be. About three years ago my sister-in-law was visiting from San Jose and she parked her car in front of my house. When we got up in the morning she found that someone had broken her back passenger window. She had a wedding gift, and a small suitcase in the back along with a tote that had her curling iron and hair dryer and a few other toiletries. They only took the tote. She was so pissed that she had to replace her window and she had her curling iron in one of those sleeves that you could put the hot iron into and she said she had to look 'far and wide for that sleeve.' Now they are all over the place, but she was afraid she wouldn't be able to find another one. Meanwhile, she had her laptop and camera in the small suitcase and thank goodness they didn't take that. Of course, her SO said he told her not to leave that stuff visible in the back seat. He's stupid too! That just pissed her off more! :)

sacBarb said...

Michael, From the look of your avatar, you may have been the thief that took Tina's stuff!

Tinka, You may be right, that someone scared them off.

Zona,You don't cuss, so it wasn't much of a restraint.

Shirley, I hope that hole Michael poked in your hazmat suit can be fixed easily.

Shirley(NCC-1701) said...

Don't worry SacBarb I have lots of spare suits!

Lynn D said...

Afternoon everyone,

Tina those Sons of mother goat herding sheep fuckers!

There I cussed for you I don't do lent.

Thank goodness no one was hurt.

Zona said...

BARB: I actually do cuss sometimes..especially when I fall..or stub my toe..or hit my elbow on something..or bump my head..or trip over Nikki..kinda sounds like I cuss constantly..doesn't it? LOL!

From 51:

J/LIN: And you just know I would fall..it would be inevitable.. ;D

Zona said...

LYNN: You tell 'em!!

HI SHIRLEY!

Dianne/Denver said...

Dang Tina---that is terrible that someone would do that to another. I hate hearing those things. I'm glad ur daughter didn't go out ahead of u. Have fun this weekend at ur scrapbook party.

Hope everyone had a good day. My brother is finally going to maybe move back into his house the first of the month. They have been in the hotel since the fire in October.

We r having great Spring weather this week. How's the weather in Texas, Michael?

Well, I'm off to play some games before bed. Have a good night

Just_Lin said...

Hi, everybody. Sorry I'm late. No excuse really. It was a pretty relaxing day. Yesterday, I was running lots of errands, including getting my tax returns mailed at the post office. Also, I got a mammogram and a shingles vaccine.

Just_Lin said...

Michael Congtrats on being the first today. Your avatar could be either a burglar tip-toeing away or one of the contestants on Dancing With the Stars. LOL

Just_Lin said...

Tina I'm really sorry to hear about the damage to your car and the loss of your stuff. God, I hate that! How dare they! Maybe they thought it was the car of a sales rep with totes full of jewelry or something.

Just_Lin said...

Tinka Maybe they just grabbed what was easy to carry and didn't look too suspicious and just hope they win the lottery when they look inside the totes later. I do follow the rule of not keeping anything in the car visible from the windows. I used to work for a county-wide crime prevention organization so it's one of the things I do faithfully.

Just_Lin said...

Zona Somehow I can't imagine you swearing. I bet you do it sweetly and then apologize. : )

Just_Lin said...

Shirley Two words... Duct Tape.

Just_Lin said...

SacBarb LOL @ your sister-in-law's SO.

Just_Lin said...

LynnD Thanks. We needed that. :)

Just_Lin said...

Dianne Hey, didn't your Broncos just sign Manning? How do you feel about that?

Just_Lin said...

25