Pages

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

~ No Excuse ~

by Tina~in_ut




For the first time, I was excited to see the First Lady and Dr. Jill Biden! They were in Homestead for the last NASCAR race of the season. Only three points separated Carl Edwards and Tony Stewart, so everyone was anticipating a great race.

Mrs. Obama and Dr. Biden were there to promote the Joining Forces Initiative. They were there to recognize military servicemen and women and their families.

"For both Jill and I, this is our first NASCAR race. And this is a huge race," Obama said. "It's a big deal. The fact that NASCAR is taking the time ... during what is probably the most tense time of their whole race season, that they're putting the focus on all of you, is just what we want you to know."

Obama and Biden also visited the drivers' meeting, where the First Lady told the competitors to be safe, and also and talked of her Joining Forces mission. "We just wanted to stop by, because NASCAR has been so supportive, not just today but everyday, of our military families," she said. "... Just as you all know, you couldn't be doing what you're doing without your families, these military families are stepping up in ways that are amazing. Days like this remind them that they do have a country that cares and appreciates what they do."

I was actually proud to see Mrs. Obama and Dr. Biden, along with Sgt. Andrew Barry, his wife, and four sons, give the command to "start your engines!" What I was horrified at was the fact that people chose to be so petty as to boo the First Lady and Dr. Biden. Who does that? (That's a rhetorical question! I'm very aware of who does that!) I can sorta understand if they were to boo the President or Vice President. Those two ran for office and it's part of the job. These women have done nothing but support their husbands and didn't deserve this, especially since they were there to do good and support our troops. I've never been a fan of either lady, but come on. Show some respect. You just make the NASCAR community look worse and more backwards than before.

I was also worried about the four children. They don't completely understand what is going on. I worried that the younger ones would think THEY were being booed. Maybe I just worry too much. Maybe not enough. I don't know. All I do know is, there is NO EXCUSE for booing these women! RRROOOAAAAARRRR!!~

28 comments:

Tina~in_ut said...

Good moaning~

Zona said...

A gracious Good Morning to everyone!!

TINA: I agree. I hate when the children and spouses of politicians are dragged into the fray..it's not right. I remember how awful some were to Chelsea Clinton when she was just a kid..these were adults saying horrible things about her too..it was so wrong. Those that booed the First Lady and Dr. Biden didn't seem to care that this was about the brave men and women serving our country..not about politics. So stupid. Have some respect...geez.

Zona said...

Add phone? Oh Blogger stop bugging me..sheesh..

Unknown said...

one must just consider the source...

I don't know what makes you a Nascar fan for the life of me Tina...must be a recessive gene...

Tinka said...

Good morning Tina, Zona and Michael.

I detest rudeness of any kind. As you said Michael, "consider the source".

I am staying out of the way of the cleaning lady. I am also getting ready to leave to visit the dentist. It's a horrible rainy, windy day today. I would rather stay at home. Hope where ever you are the weather is nicer than we have today.

Unknown said...

Tinka!

Hi...I heard that there is a dentist in Victoria thats is unnecessarily pulling peoples teeth and selling them to toothless people...at Nascar races!

So be careful...count your teeth before ur appointment!

Unknown said...

There is always a group in every crowd that spoils things for everyone....

I didn't find the boo's to be really that audible...

Basic manners that I learned as a child just don't go away...like...yes mam and no sir....opening doors and helping people with their chairs, etc. Respect for my elders and certainly my President and Vice President and their families....

well...except maybe Billy Carter...lol

Unknown said...

Hi Ms. Witt...ay's jist ignernt...

Just_Lin said...

Tina Vrooom, Vrooom to you this morning. You look lovely, as usual.

Thank you for this blog. That was a real low for America. it is pathetic that some people don't have common decency or respect for other people, in general, and for the families of those who hold the highest offices in our country. It doesn't matter what your politics are, there is a certain decorum that should be observed. NASCAR, as I understand it, has very strong roots in the confederate flag waving contingency in this country. The ignorant folks who behaved so badly may have been drinking beer instead of moonshine but I think I can picture the kind of folks they are and they are not smarter than a 5th grader.

Just_Lin said...

Zona Add phone number? Blogger never asked me that. It must like you best. ;)

Just_Lin said...

Tinka Be careful out there. I hope you have an easy dental appointment. Just the thought of it sends shivers up my spine.

Just_Lin said...

Tonight I'll be making a pumpkin pie and chopping up onion and celery. I am cooking a turkey dinner on Wednesday for my son and grandkids as the kids will be returning to their mother for Thanksgiving.

Unknown said...

ah...J/L?? hello...in the back here... waving..

Just_Lin said...

Michael Ooops! So sorry. Here I am complaining about other people's bad manners and I exhibited bad manners myself. Waving wildly at you.

I was called away from the computer for a moment and meant to come right back but then lost my train of thought. You know us old people, can't keep track of what we're doing half the time.

Shirley(NCC-1701) said...

Tina I read about this the other day and watched the video. Very disrespectful.

Shirley(NCC-1701) said...

Afternoon Tina, Zona, Michael, Tinka and Just Lin!

Dianne/Denver said...

Hi All---every single one of u (Michael I see u). It's a beautiful 60degree day today and I am just finishing with a doctor and think I will go to the car wash. (hope that won't bring snow)

Thanks for the blog Tina. I think that was terrible to do that to anyone!! I hate boos even at football games. Very poor manners and shameful.

I don't have to cook Thanksgiving as going to my daughters. All I have to bring is a shrimp tray wonder why they don't have me cook anything?

Hope u all have a good day

Unknown said...

HI DIANNE...

GLAD TO HEAR YOU ARE GOING TO YOUR DAUGHTERS FOR THANKSGIVING...

AS WE (YOU) GET OLDER PEOPLE GET WARY OF WHAT WE MIGHT HAVE MISTAKENLY PUT IN THE FOOD OR MAYBE LEFT OUT.

THEY WANT TO BE SURE WHAT THEY EAT IS SANITARY TOO.

I WOULDN'T WORRY ABOUT IT AND YOU SHOULD LEAVE THE WRAPPER ON THE SHRIMP PLATTER.

Unknown said...

god...poor Dianne....you have to practically scream at her for her to hear you...and then I'm not sure she understands what you've said...

HAVE A NICE THANKSGIVING DIANNE!!

Dianne/Denver said...

WHAT DID U SAY MI CHAEL? Something about Easter? Louder as I am 65 now!!!

Maureen said...

It is so sad that there is such little respect for people...maybe stems from so little respect for themselves. Sad.

TINA...looks like you need a shave...said with the utmost respect!!!

ZONA...do you remember how absolutely cruel people were to Amy Carter? That was really nasty. I think she was even younger then Chelsea was.

Would it be wrong to take a bite out of JUST LIN'S avatar? Looks enticing!

Maureen said...

Blogger asked for my phone number, too. Hell to the no!

Just_Lin said...

Shirley Hello, Miss Sunshine. I hope the Canadians have better manners than some of us Americans. Ugly Americans, indeed.

Just_Lin said...

Dianne I think Michael was saying something to you but I couldn't make it out. Oh, and I liked that little pause you put in the middle of his name. I think I'll call him Mi chael from now on. : )

Just_Lin said...

MO You're welcome to have some of my avatar. Just leave me some of the white meat. Thank you.

Tina~in_ut said...

shhhhhhh~ quiet....don't tell....my baby just landed~ :D (and we got rid of the other two until tomorrow!) :)~

...hope we don't kill this one~

Just_Lin said...

Tina How did you get rid of the other two?

Maureen said...

I sure hope the twins aren't locked in the basement.