Pages

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Dear Pets

by Maureen

The following was found posted very low on a refrigerator door.

Dear Dogs and Cats:  The dishes with the paw prints are yours and contain your food.  The other dishes are mine and contain my food.  Placing a paw print in the middle of my plate and food does not stake a claim for it becoming your food and dish, nor do I find that aesthetically pleasing in the slightest.

The stairway was not designed by NASCAR and is not a racetrack.  Racing me to the bottom is not the object.  Tripping me doesn't help because I fall faster than you can run.

I cannot buy anything bigger than a king sized bed.  I am very sorry about this.  Do not think I will continue sleeping on the couch to ensure your comfort, however.  Dogs and cats can actually curl up in a ball when they sleep.  It Is not necessary to sleep perpendicular to each other, stretched out to the fullest extent possible.  I also know that sticking tails straight out and having tongues hanging out on the other end to maximize space is nothing but sarcasm.

For the last time, there is no secret exit from the bathroom! If, by some miracle, I beat you there and manage to get the door shut, it is not necessary to claw, whine, meow, try to turn the knob or get your paw under the edge in an attempt to open the door.  I must exit through the same door I entered. Also, I have been using the bathroom for years - canine/feline attendance is not required.

The proper order for kissing is:  Kiss me first, then go smell the other dog or cat's butt.  I cannot stress this enough.

Finally, in fairness, dear pets, I have posted the following message on the front door:

TO ALL NON-PET OWNERS WHO VISIT AND LIKE TO COMPLAIN ABOUT OUR PETS:
(1)  They live here.  You don't.  
(2)  If you don't want their hair on your clothes, stay off the furniture.  That's why they call it 'fur'-niture.  
(3) I like my pets a lot better than I like most people.  
(4)  To you, they are animals.  To me, they are adopted sons/daughters who are short, hairy, walk on all fours and don't speak clearly.
  
Remember, dogs and cats are better than kids because they:
(1) eat less
(2) don't ask for money all the time
(3) are easier to train
(4) normally come when called
(5) never ask to drive the car
(6) don't hang out with drug-using people
(7) don't smoke or drink
(8) don't want to wear your clothes
(9) don't have to buy the latest fashions
(10) don't need a gazillion dollars for college and
(11) if they get pregnant, you can sell their children

21 comments:

DeeDee said...

BAM!!

DeeDee said...

"there is no secret exit from the bathroom"...


ha hahahahaaa

Bebbilane said...

DeeDee: Nice Bam..you are so lovely today!!! :)

Bebbilane said...

Mo: I love this..

whabbear said...

Good morning, Pebbles! Good morning, Bam Bam!

Bebbilane said...

Whabby...good morning and LOL!

sacBarb said...

Happy Wednesday Owls.

Mo, I love this blog because I know people who REALLY need to read it. They would get all pissy when they left our house with dog hair on their clothes. I wish I would have thought of the 'fur'niture line then. Personally, I used to think you are not fully dressed unless you have dog/cat hair on your clothes! I don't have a pet now, so sadly, my clothes are missing that.

Thanks for the laughs today.

sacBarb said...

DeeDee, BAM back at ya.

Good morning Bebbi and Bear and waving to all the other Owls.

Just_Lin said...

DeeDee Oooooooh! What did you do to Tina this morning? You are looking very colorful today. That outfit may add just a fw pounds, though.

Just_Lin said...

MO I've seen this before and it's very funny. I've owned Doberman's twice in my life and both of them slept on my bed, on their side, stiff legged. There's just something wrong about a dog shoving you to the edge of your own king-size bed with their legs. LOL

Just_Lin said...

Bebbi Good morning, afternoon, to you. Can you see me waving?

Just_Lin said...

Bear LOL @ Pebbles and Bam Bam!

Just_Lin said...

SacBarb I no longer know what it's like to have my clothes be completely fur-free.

DeeDee said...

I shed more than Belle....she doesn't shed at all...but I wouldn't care if she did....just like I didn't care when I was replacing my favorite piano bench that she gnawed the leg on....or just like I didn't care when she chewed up her first iphone computer cable...or even the second one.....

Of course that was during her youth....not the only thing she has it in for is her favorite toy...which happens to be a stuffed reindeer that I bought at WalMart Christmas before last....she has ripped of its antlers and face....the place where the face used to be serves as a portal now for her to pull all the stuffing out of the thing...but I just gather it up and cram it back in and I have Seamstress sew it back up....

Its actually quite funny when I give it back to her and she gives me the "SHIRLEY' glare like "shit! I have to start all over! ..AGAIN!! DAMN IT!!!"

Dianne/Denver said...

DEEDEE: I can hardly believe that you shop at Walmart for anything much less for Belle's toys. 'Doesn't she deserve the finest as her master does...tsk tsk tsk

Dianne/Denver said...

MO: Fun blog and i am probably one of those people that complain about cat/dog hair on clothes....(sorry owls). I like the part that dog needs to kiss the master PRIOR to smelling others butts! I also like that if the animal gets pregnant, you can sell the kids! Very funny thanks for the smiles today.

Hello to everyone. Survivor starts tonight ....Yea!!! It sounds like it is going to be a lot different this time and I love Boston Rob....

Everyone have a good night. xxoo

Maureen said...

Good evening feathered friends!

Glad you are enjoying the blog topic!

DEE DEE...I owe you a big residual check. I had some corn chips the other night and some popcorn yesterday. The check is in the mail!

I have to admit I am not a fan of cat fur on my plate and in my food. Joni lets her cats roam around the kitchen table and it really grosses me out. But, it's her house so I have never said anything.

Waving to DEE DEE, BEBBI, WHABBY, SAC BARB, JUST LIN and DIANNE!

Zona said...

Good Evening!

MO: Loved the blog..especially the part about racing and tripping..oh how I wish Nikki could read!! ;D

DEEDEE: Now I know what to get Belle for Christmas..or maybe her birthday! :D

SACBARB: Are there actually people who have clothes without dog hair on them? Imagine!! ;)

J/LIN: Every dog we've ever had tried to take over the entire bed..but the minute you'd get out of bed..they'd leave too. I guess it wasn't fun taking over alone..lol..

DIANNE: Boston Rob drives me crazy..can't stand him!!

MO: Think of it as floss.... ;D

Hi BEBBI! Hi BEAR! :) :)

Maureen said...

ZONA...floss? One word...EWWWWW!!

Mary/MI said...

Good evening hooters!
They were all funny but the last one had me in stitches!

Zona, you reminded me of a man at the market today. He was a big , no huge guy! I was behind him at the check out. He had a black fleece sweater on. It was obvious he had at least 3 cats with white fur. All I could think of was that I wish I had one of those animal fur roller thingys. I would have needed a ladder to "do him" lol!

Sorry I haven't been here much. I have been zoning out a lot and haven't felt like getting on line.
When I do, it is late, but I have been reading all the blogs & comments.

Waving at everyone of you. You are all very special to me :)

Just_Lin said...

Mary (((HUGS)))