Pages

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Salt Lake City Weekend

by Sac Barb

I recently spent a weekend in Salt Lake City with Mickie, Pam, Claire, Margaret, Pat, and Betsy, six wonderful women with whom I went to elementary and high school and all of whom live in California.  Mickie’s daughter and son-in-law (Beth and Paulo) left their very quaint four bedroom house to stay with her son and daughter-in-law (Rich and Sue), so we could all stay comfortably together.  It was a very generous gesture which we all appreciated.

Mickie rented a seven passenger van so we could all ride together.  We all had our assigned seats.  Mickie, the driver, and Pam were in the front seats (first class), Claire and I were in the middle two seats (coach), and Pat, Betsy, and Margaret (the skinny bitches) squeezed in the back seat (steerage). 

The first night we arrived we went to a showing of Paulo’s art at a local café.  Beth had given us her GPS so we wouldn’t get lost.  Mickie didn’t have any faith in the GPS and decided to use her own intuition and consequently we got totally lost.  Bertha the GPS lady kept asking if we wanted her to recalculate the route and we finally convinced Mickie to follow her directions.  We made it to the café only a half hour late and Mickie took a lot of ribbing about getting lost. So, when we left, Beth said all we had to do was ask Bertha (which later changed to the Bitch) to take us home, but for some reason she took us in a completely opposite direction.  We were lost again.  Mickie called her other son Mike (who was also at the café) to ask for help.  Mike told her to go to 3300 East and turn right and after we did that and went a few blocks Mike asked her what kind of car she was driving.  She told him, and he said “Are you at a red light next to a bus?” and she said “How did you know that?”  He said, “I am at the same intersection turning right at the green light.  Follow me and I’ll get you home.”  None of us know how he found us, but we were happy to follow him home.  We even asked him if he could just put a trailer hitch on his pick-up and tow us to Park City the next day.  No dice.

Suffice it to say, every time we got in the car was a comic adventure.  We made it to Park City, but not without a few more phone calls to Mickie’s kids.  She would call one and if that one didn’t answer she would call another.  I personally think they took shifts for answering their Mom’s calls and ignoring them if it was not their shift. 

23 comments:

Lynn D said...

Morning Glories!

Sacbarb lol at your stories. I can just see all of you cussing at Bertha! I am so happy you had a good time with your friends and got to see a lot of SLC. Maybe by accident but hey there you go!

Waving at everyone!

Bebbilane said...

Lynn: How beautiful you look today~!! :)

Sacbarb: What a fun adventure! It sounds so awesome. I bet it is marvelous to have wonderful friends to do things with like that. I love it.....!! :) Thank you!! :)

Bebbilane said...

Hello and good day to all who fly in later.

DeeDee said...

SacBarb! Did you see any of those Mormons?

You know I hear those men like their women like they like that undergarment they wear (magic jammies) They change the garments and the wives everyday! They like fresh for each day of the week....

and there were 7 of you ladies if you catch my drift....

Did you hang around the Angel Moroni Motor Court Motel at all?? I hear thats where some of the men hang out looking for wives....

But you didn't ask my advice about this trip....I didn't even know you were going to SLC....so next I time you decide to go galavanting let me know and I will try to advise you so you don't miss the "good parts"..

Not to say Sundance and everything wasn't great fun....but you know what they say about those Mormon men....

Don't come knocking if the Temple's rockin'..."

goldie said...

Good Morning Hooters!

Lynn you are gorgeous this morning!

Sacbarb- you just described my life. I have no sense of direction and every drive is an adventure if I am going somewhere unknown!
It sounds like a great time with good friends though. :)

Good morning Bebbi and DeeDee...and what is this fixation with Mormon men you have Dee????

Bebbilane said...

Good morning Goldie and DeeDee! :)

bonachichi said...

Just think of all the cool stuff Mormon men can do. I mean, 7 different wives, he's got to learn something! Of course, I could train 'em all up in no time. Those Hollywood props come in real handy.

SacBarb, you just can't trust those GPS ladies. They're conniving, backstabbing and tortuous.I fired the American lady. I'm trying to fire the British Bitch. I'm having a hard time with her. She just won't leave.

bonachichi said...

Good morning Bebbi, LynnD and Goldie. You too, DeeDee. Do you have teeth yet?

DeeDee said...

its not "Mormon men"...its all men...I was just talking Mormon because Barb was in the heart of Mormon country...Salt Lake City...UTAH...they don't call it the beehive state for nothin'...

Bebbilane said...

Good morning Bonach!! :) :) LOL, at what those mormen men could learn..he he. :) One thing would be, when they PMS X 7, get the HELL out of the way....wow..can you imagine?

Bebbilane said...

DeeDee: The vanner's have one of those mantras too:

"If the van is rockin', stick your cock in~!" :) Nice, huh.

DeeDee said...

I'm going to need more info on this "vanner" thing Bebbs!!!

Bebbilane said...

I thought you might..LOL.. :) You would have loved the kilt one..I saw more cock & balls than you'd see at a cockfight and pool tournament! :) woo hoo..thoroughly enjoyable.! :)

whabbear said...

Good morning, all!

Dee Dee: That's funny. I don't recall from Barb's description that the goal of the trip was to find husbands! LOL!

Tina~in_ut said...

DeeDee~ I hate to burst ur bubble, but those "mormom men"?.....they never change those magic jammies!!! They are always so gray and nasty looking! They don't even take them off for sex!!!! Oh the things I could tell you~

SacBarb~ thanks for sending this in and I'm glad you had a good time with you friends~

LynnD~ congrats on your gorgeousness~

Bebbi~ be careful...you could get your eye poked with one of those cocks.....or something poked~ ijs~

Hi Goldie, Bonachichi, and Bear~

Zona said...

Good Morning!

SACBARB: I want to hear more about your SLC weekend..unless of course, what happens in Salt Lake City..stays in Salt Lake City! It sure sounds like you had a blast! Just a tip..next time shout 'Shotgun' before Pam does.. ;)

LYNN: What a beautiful '1' you make! So..heard any good news concerning AZ this morning? ;D

BEBBI: Well now I know why so many people love vannin'..ijs.. ;D

DEEDEE: How do you know about the Angel Moroni Motor Court Motel? ;)

BEAR: If only Mickie had learned from you how good a Garmin can be! :D

GOLDIE: About Area..whatever..glad you liked the vid!! ;D

DIANNE: I hope you're feeling better today!! {{gentle hugs}} :)

TINA: Tell!!

BONACHI: Which Hollywood props..exactly?

I'm so inquisitive today! :D

Zona said...

Is Blogger acting weird for anyone but me..I have a feeling it isn't..lol...

DeeDee said...

Whabbear...that just goes without saying.....duh

ALWAYS keep the eye peeled!

Zona said...

DEEDEE: LOL @ your profile pic!

Tina~in_ut said...

Zona~ yes!!~

Bebbilane said...

Kathy: ha ha..well, I love the camping, the people and the live band. Some of the activities such as drinking too much, I can do without. Which is why the "ex" got the van group in the separation..ha ha. I still keep in contact with some of the people though. :)

sacBarb said...

Happy Thursday Owls.

Lynn, Congrats on three months of being smoke free and also for landing in first today.

DeeDee, I can't say for sure, but I don't think we were anywhere near that Motel. Besides, none of us were looking for a husband. Three of the ladies already have one and that's enough for them, and the rest of us are not looking to train another one.

Goldie, Mickie's mantra was "we are taking the scenic route." In Mickie's defense, however, the SLC grid is NOT easy to understand.

Bear, We were looking for celebs at Sundance but we didn't see any, at least that we recognized. Someone told us about some we passed right by, but they were very young and even when we were told who they were, we were clueless. I guess we were showing our age.

Tina, You are very welcome. BTW, how do you know such intimate details about the Mormon men's undies?

Zona, Pam had back surgery two months ago and was still recovering, so the front seat was easier for her to get into, otherwise there would have been a battle.

Bonachichi, Our GPS had a 'home' command, but some how the directions to 'home' got mixed up with the directions to the airport. Mickie and Pam (in first class) were in charge of GPS operation and apparently the accuracy of directions is only as good as the info entered. That's all I'm gonna say about that.

Dianne, I hope you are better today. (((HUGS))).

Bebbi, Yes, they are wonderful friends, most of whom I have known since 1st grade.

Tina~in_ut said...

Sackie~ ya know how when it gets hot, my kids/hubby will take their shirt off at home? Well, mormon men take theirs off too.....and if you happen to go to their house at that time, you get to see their undies!!!! nasty i tell you~ and the sex thing...i've been told~ mkay?~