Pages

Monday, January 23, 2012

~ Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close ~

by Tina~in_ut




Adapted from the acclaimed bestseller by Jonathan Safran Foer, “Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close” is a story that unfolds from inside the young mind of Oskar Schell, an inventive eleven year-old New Yorker whose discovery of a key in his deceased father’s belongings sets him off on an urgent search across the city for the lock it will open. A year after his father died in the World Trade Center on what Oskar calls “The Worst Day,” he is determined to keep his vital connection to the man who playfully cajoled him into confronting his wildest fears. Now, as Oskar crosses the five New York boroughs in quest of the missing lock – encountering an eclectic assortment of people who are each survivors in their own way – he begins to uncover unseen links to the father he misses, to the mother who seems so far away from him and to the whole noisy, dangerous, discombobulating world around him.

The hubby and I went to see this on Sunday afternoon. I have wanted to see it since I first saw the trailer. With Tom Hanks and Sandra Bullock, it had to be good, right? OMG!!! They weren't even a major part of the movie. It was incredible. So So SO good. "It's not a story about September 11th, it's about living every day after." I wouldn't call it a tear jerker. I'd call it a non-stop sob!!! Okay....maybe not non-stop! But I used almost all of my new pack of pink ribbon tissues. My daughter stopped mid-sentence while on a phone call when I walked in the door. "Been crying?" she asked sarcastically. The only thing that kept me from crying through the whole movie was the lady 5 rows down from me. She was sobbing uncontrolably. It made me laugh....until I cried. Did I tell you this movie made me cry? Go see it. It was incredibly touching. GO! NOW!!!!~

20 comments:

Tina~in_ut said...

Good Moaning~

Tina~in_ut said...

My eyes hurt~

Unknown said...

If I weren't so mentally fragile I would love to see it...but a movie that is a non-stop sob fest would not be a pleasant movie going experience for me...unfortunately...

I came out of THE KINGS SPEECH bawling and slinging snot so this one would probably put me on the roof...

Zona said...

TINA: I'm going I'm going! Randy and I are planning on going this weekend..thanks for the 'sob alert'..

MICHAEL: I just saw The King's Speech on cable last week..I really liked it..I even liked Colin Firth!

Gonna go check FV..although these quests are making me not want to do so..I need another game.. :/

Have a great day everyone..be goof!

Zona said...

LOL!! I meant 'be good'..but being goof might be ok too.. ;D

Unknown said...

OMG! I just realized my avatar doesn't have any pants on.....

Shirley(NCC-1701) said...

Splat!!!!

Tina I thought this would be a good movie too, for the same reasons you stated. I'll wait for it to come out in DVD.

Shirley(NCC-1701) said...

Spent the day at the office. Was suppose to do some rapid training. What a confused and chaotic day. We open next Monday and I don't know how we are going to be ready. Our boss likes to leave things (like tearing down a couple walls and increasing the office size to the week before we open)until the last minute. We don't have all of our forms and envelopes that we need. We don't even have cheques yet! I spent part of the afternoon creating an ad that will be seen on an electronic sign at Tim Horton's. We told him about that this summer and several times since then. I guess everything will come together, but it just makes me a bit over stressed.

Shirley(NCC-1701) said...

Afternoon Tina, Michael and Zona!

Just_Lin said...

Tina I'm afraid to see it in public for the reasons you stated. I would be that lady 5 rows in front of you. Oh, you look nice today (except for the swollen eyes and dried snot on the end of your hair).

Just_Lin said...

Michael Are you waiting for a spanking? Have you been a very naughty boy? LOL Chad is going to wonder exactly what kind of group his mother has gotten involved with.

Just_Lin said...

Zona I guess they have all these quests to keep us involved but, Good God, no more than two at a time might be better.

Just_Lin said...

Shirley Well, I guess if it doesn't come together in time, the blame is on the manager but surely it won't be good for business. People want to think you all have your shit together.

Lynn D said...

Afternoon everyone!

Went and bought supplies to replace the ones used up during snowmaggedon.

Hope everyone is doing okay. Waving!

Just_Lin said...

LynnD Glad you're all stocked up again. I liked Richard's explanation of the situation, by the way. LOL It's best to only have the good Transformers.

Maureen said...

Good evening feathered friends!

SO nice to see LYNN thawed out!

TINA...I will have to see that. I think the last movie I sobbed at was Beaches! Then they played it on the plane going to Hawaii and yep, sobbed...LOUDLY!!

SHIRLEY...just relax and take a deep breath...and treat yourself to a tart!

Jodi said...

TINA - I LOVED this movie!! Brought a tear to my eye several times, but I don't think I used as much Kleenex as you!!

Jodi said...

Waving a wing at MICHAEL, ZONA, SHIRLEY, SLIN, LYNN & MO!!

Dropped Sam off at work, went to the movie, met my cousin for a beer, picked Sam up at work and now I'm done for!! Good night HOoters!!

Just_Lin said...

Waving at MO and HOdi!

I hope everyone had a good day. i had a weird one. I woke up feeling terrible and talked myself out of throwing up. I went back to bed and didn't wake up again until after 2:00! I did feel better then though and even got dressed but not in a way that I would go out in public. LOL

Jodi said...

SLIN - I hope you wake up feeling better!!