Pages

Thursday, January 26, 2012

TONGUE TWISTERS

by Shirley

Before reading today's blog please make sure you have had your coffee!


Blake's black bike's back brake bracket block broke.

Miss Smith's fish-sauce shop seldom sells shellfish.

Near an ear, a nearer ear, a nearly eerie ear.

Round and round the rugged rock the ragged rascal ran.

But the thought I thought wasn't the thought I thought I thought.
If the thought I thought I thought had been the thought I thought,
I wouldn't have thought so much.
 
I see a sea down by the seashore.
But which sea do you see down by the seashore?

A flea and a fly flew up in a flue.
Said the flea, 'Let us fly!'
Said the fly, 'Let us flee!'
So they flew through a flaw in the flue.

Yellow butter, purple jelly, red jam, black bread.
Spread it thick, say it quick!
Yellow butter, purple jelly, red jam, black bread.
Spread it thicker, say it quicker!
Yellow butter, purple jelly, red jam, black bread.
Don't eat with your mouth full!

Does this shop sport short socks with spots?

No nose knows like a gnome's nose knows.

A tutor who tooted the flute
Tried to tutor two tooters to toot.
Said the two to the tutor:
'Is it harder to toot or
To tutor two tooters to toot?'

Susan shineth shoes and socks;
Socks and shoes shines Susan.
She ceases shining shoes and socks,
For shoes and socks shock Susan.

How many cookies could a good cook cook 
If a good cook could cook cookies? 
A good cook could cook as much cookies 
as a good cook who could cook cookies.

Fresh fried fish,
Fish fresh fried,
Fried fish fresh,
Fish fried fresh.

Nine nice night nurses nursing nicely.

There once was a two toed, she toad, tree toad,
and a three toed, he toad, tree toad....

Clean clams crammed in clean cans.

A cheap ship trip.
A cheap ship trip.
A cheap ship trip.
A cheap ship trip.

If you're keen on stunning kites and cunning stunts,
buy a cunning stunning stunt kite.
 
Sally is a sheet slitter, she slits sheets. 
Sally is a sheet slitter, she slits sheets. 
Sally is a sheet slitter, she slits sheets.

18 comments:

Tina~in_ut said...

Good Moaning~

Tina~in_ut said...

Shirley~ my tongue is twisted~ :)~

Tinka said...

Good Morning Tina - I love your avatar. I am so happy he won.

Shirley - I don't drink coffee so I will have to wait until after my lunch time diet coke to try those tongue twisters. I just can't do them early in the morning.

It has been raining for three days here. I think the city may float into the ocean.

Have a great day everyone out there.

Zona said...

SHIRLEY: I can barely read those..let alone say them! :D

TINA: Not always a bad thing..ijs.. ;D

TINKA: I'm sending you sun..pronto!! :)

Off to see the wizard..well not really..but I am feeling like the scarecrow this morning..lol..have a good day everyone! :)

Lynn D said...

Morning Glories,

Just flying through going to go out and about today. I am feeling human today!!

It is getting better and better. I think the doctor is onto something. :)

Just_Lin said...

Tina Congrats on being first again. Did you lock Michael in the closet?

Just_Lin said...

Shirley Well, I struggled through some of those while drinking my first cup of coffee. I should have waited until I had had two. I think the first one is the hardest.

Just_Lin said...

Tinka Well, I certainly hope you all don't get washed away. It looks like we had more rain earlier this morning before I got up. Pretty much anything that happens in the morning happens before I get up. LOL

Just_Lin said...

Zona Gee, thanks. Now I have that song, "If I only had a brain", running through my head.

Just_Lin said...

LynnD I'm glad you are feeling better. Be careful out there.

Just_Lin said...

I just got off the phone with Barb and she says a big HELLO to everybody. She's sounding great! Yay!

Dianne/Denver said...

Hi Everyone---JL, so glad to get the update on Barb. Glad to hear she is doing well after just a week. Is she still going home tomorrow?

Had lunch with an old high school friend and my brother. It was nice to catch up.

My brother and wife are still in a hotel until naybe(if the r lucky) in April. They just finally put a roof on the house and the fire was three months ago.

Hello to all. Funny blog , Shirley. I can't say any of them!!!

Michael---so u want to meet me for a wiener when I'm in Twxas? Remember, I won't have a car. Will we be far from each other?

Unknown said...

Dianne...

Spring is 1.4 hours from me by car. I would usually arrive at the David Wayne Hooks Memorial Airport via magic carpet...but we will need a car...so I can bring one..

but yes...weiner...Big Mac....burrito...something good!!

Shirley(NCC-1701) said...

Splat!

Shirley(NCC-1701) said...

Thanks for the comments on the blog! Now say "molasses on the table" five times fast!

Just_Lin said...

Dianne Barb will be able to go home either tomorrow or Saturday.

Just_Lin said...

Michael You're going to get together with Dianne? How fun! I actually like the kraut dogs at der Wienerschnitzel.

Just_Lin said...

Shirley Okay, I said it 5 times fast. Now what?