Pages

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

When a Woman Lies

by Dianne

One day, when a seamstress was sewing while sitting close to a river, her thimble fell into the river.. 

When she cried out, the Lord appeared and asked, "My dear child, why are you crying?" The seamstress replied that her thimble had fallen into the water and that she needed it to help her husband in making a living for their family. The Lord dipped His hand into the water and pulled up a golden thimble set with sapphires.

"Is this your thimble?" the Lord asked.

The seamstress replied, "No."

The Lord again dipped into the river. He held out a golden thimble studded with rubies. 

"Is this your thimble?" the Lord asked.  

Again, the seamstress replied, "No."

The Lord reached down again and came up with a leather thimble. 

"Is this your thimble?" the Lord asked.  

The seamstress replied, "Yes."  

The Lord was pleased with the woman's honesty and gave her all three thimbles to keep, and the seamstress went home happy. 

Some years later, the seamstress was walking with her husband along the riverbank, and her husband fell into the river and disappeared under the water. When she cried out, the Lord again appeared and asked her, "Why are you crying?'' 

"Oh Lord, my husband has fallen into the river!"

The Lord went down into the water and came up
with George Clooney. "Is this your husband?" The Lord asked.
 


"Yes," cried the seamstress. 

The Lord was furious. "You lied! That is an untruth!" 

The seamstress replied, "Oh, forgive me, my Lord. It is a misunderstanding. You see, if I had said "no" to George Clooney, you would have come up with Brad Pitt. Then if I said "no" to him, you would have come up with my husband... Had I then said "yes," you would have given me all three. Lord, I'm not in the best of health and would not be able to take care of all three husbands, so THAT'S why I said "yes" to George Clooney. 

And so the Lord let her keep him.

The moral of this story is:

 
Whenever a woman lies,
it's for a good and honorable reason, and in the
best interest of others. That's our story, and
we're sticking to it.

Signed,
All Us Women

14 comments:

Zona said...

Good Morning!

DI: I agree that that was truly honorable and completely unselfish!:D Thanks for the laugh this morning!

Dianne/Denver said...

Morning Ms Beautiful at first. No splats, bams or kerplunks when you land? You must just be sliding in at first. So Zona, how ya' doing today? Getting ready for your family to visit? Clean clean clean. --- they won't even be there long enough to see dust. Plus it will be too hot :). Hope you have a fun weekend.

Hmm, what's new with me? I'm not even going to go into it as you all know my life right now.

We need some people to come in the Manor and at least vist. I miss Tink and her posts and Michael and his tales and Jodi needs to fly in too along with a lot of others. Some days it seems like we moved our manor and didn't leave an address. WE ARE STILL HERE MISSING OWLS!!!

I thought this was a cute blog and a true one about how we can tell little fibs and it's okay. Lol.

Have a good day my friends

Shirley(NCC-1701) said...

Splat!!!

Shirley(NCC-1701) said...

I don't fib! And I don't want George Looney either!!!

Shirley(NCC-1701) said...

Afternoon Zona and Dianne!!!

Just_Lin said...

Good morning, HOoters!

Just_Lin said...

Zona I guess you sock-slide into the nest and that's why you don't make a loud noise. Well, except for that time you slid into the standing lamp and knocked it over into the fish tank. ;)

Just_Lin said...

Dianne It's true that we women only fib when it is to save other's from hurt feelings or in the best interest of others, such as your tale explains. Actually, there are times that I am too honest for my own good.

I hope things improve for you and Louis as the day goes on.

Just_Lin said...

Shirley Is Brad more your type? No matter how old he gets, he will always have those boyish good looks and charm.

Just_Lin said...

Big day for me yesterday. I actually went shopping and what's even more surprising is that I actually bought 3 new tops. I hate shopping!

sacBarb said...

Hellooooo. There is an echo in the manor.

I called about jury duty and my group has been excused. Yayyyyyy!!!! I don't really mind jury duty, but I rather go early in the morning because the parking gets pretty slim after 7:30am.

Dianne, Loved the blog. Pretty smart woman, I must say!

Zona, How lovely you are quietly sliding into first.

J/L, I don't like to shop either. That's why I buy a lot from QVC. They are very good about taking things back if it doesn't fit. However, I hardly ever have to send anything back.

Hello Shirley. I hope you're having a bug free day.

Zona said...

DI: Maybe NOT cleaning is the answer.. ;)

J/LIN: LMAO! I think I might have actually done that at a Manor party!! I sock slide much more responsibly now..definitely no texting and sliding.. :D

BARB: Yay! No jury duty! Ya know..after all this talk of sock slidin'..I had to do it..I couldn't resist! :D

Good Evenin' SHIRLEY! :)

Zona said...

J/LIN & BARB: I don't like shopping for clothes or shoes..actually I think I just hate trying them on..especially in the summer..but I did it twice this week..TWICE! Yikes! ;D

Zona said...

Once again I'm 13th..and I don't like it! So I'll just slide into 14th..and say Good Night! :)

SWAK!!