Pages

Thursday, January 13, 2011

~ Very Strange Dreams ~

by Tina~in_ut
When I was about 11 or 12 years old, I had a horrible nightmare.  My dad, who was always so sweet and kind and the perfect husband and father, had an affair.  It was SO unlike him that I was devastated.  I remember we were in a hardware store and I kept trying to hide from him because SHE was there.  He didn't know I knew.  Although it never made sense to me, the woman he had the affair with was Phyllis Diller.  I guess I had just watched "Boy, Did I Get a Wrong Number" with Phyllis, Bob Hope, and Elke Sommer.  I LOVED that movie.  Anyway, when I woke up, I was furious with my dad.  It lasted for months.  I know it's stupid and only a dream, but I just couldn't shake the feeling I had.  I watched him closely for the longest time.  Now that I think about it, I don't think I ever told him about the dream, but I know I told my mother a couple of years ago and she laughed and laughed.

When I got home from work on Sunday, my daughter greeted me with, "Guess what I had a dream about?"  "What dear?"  With big round eyes, she looked up at me and said, "Dad had an affair!!  I woke up and I was SO mad at him!  Wait until I tell you all about it.  I haven't even told him all of it!"

I stopped her right there!  That was so crazy to hear.  It brought back all the old feelings and I told her about my dream.  She felt much the same way.  She said that after church one day, her dad ran into school real quick and when he didn't come out right away, she went in to find him.  He was in the office across the hall from his, making out with a woman.  He was on top of her and it was SO GROSS!  He saw my daughter and she yelled at him and told him, "Oh really dad!  Mr. Brown (assistant principal) is in his office!"  He got off the woman and my daughter ran back to the car to tell me.  She said that when her dad came out to the car, I was all touchy feely and tried to make him feel guilty!  (I would NEVER do that!)  She said that later, she saw the same woman in the mall.  She was wearing a robe and lingerie and she was making out with someone else.  My daughter gave her a dirty look, but the woman only smiled.

I think the best part of her story was when she told me this wasn't the first time she's dreamt about this.  She said that she had a similar dream when she was a lot younger, but she didn't feel as bad "because she wasn't as educated about love stuff then!" 

Have you ever had a dream/nightmare similar to that of someone else in your family?  Or just a dream that made you feel awful for quite some time afterward? 

24 comments:

Tina~in_ut said...

Good Moanin'~ (bishes!)

Just_Lin said...

Can I be second? Can I? Can I?

Just_Lin said...

Tina Hello...sweetest of the sweet and the most beautiful among us today and every day, and the most gracious and generous. Oh, and the most forgiving. I don't want to overlook that. : )

Tina~in_ut said...

lmbo J/L~

Just_Lin said...

Now that you didn't smack me, I'll go read the blog.

Bebbilane said...

Good afternoon! :)

Tina: Yes, but it wasn't a dream. My dad had an affair with someone in our small town. I was 16. I heard from others that was what was going on, but I believed my Daddy when he said he was just teaching her real estate courses. So, needless to say, I was devastated and so embarassed and so mad at him. It crushed my step mom. And, it was during and after she had a stillborn baby. Angela Dawn, October 13, 1977. I will never forget that day either. But, that is another long and sad story.
My brother and I helped my step mom take everything out of the house we lived in while my dad was in florida with his new woman.

I have forgiven my dad. I have forgiven a long time ago. It is what it is. Not my choices, not my consequences. I didn't always make the best choices in my life either at times. I am dealing with my choices and forgiveness for that. :) And on we go....

Just_Lin said...

Tina I've never had a dream on that topic but I have had dreams that were very upsetting and depressing. The feeling stayed with me during the day and it was like a black cloud hanging over me. I hate when that happens.

Bebbilane said...

J/L: I am excited about my new life too. :) Thanks for the comment in Area 51. Also, I have been meaning to tell you for a long time. There is a lady here at my work that could be your twin! Also, I kept your note that you gave me from Chicago on my desk for a long long time. I just threw it out recently, when I was taking stuff out of the boxes at my new place. It encouraged me a lot, when I really needed it..and I thank you for that. It was the note you gave with the present at the Meet and Greet. :)

Just_Lin said...

Bebbi Your dad's timing was sure unfortunate.

Just_Lin said...

I rarely remember my dreams. I wonder what that means, if anything. That I am empty headed, perhaps?

Zona said...

TINA: I had a really upsetting dream about 20 years ago that then became reality about 3 months later. That really freaked me out. I've been a little wary of my dreams ever since.

SACBARB: I am so sorry to hear about Canton. :(

BEBBI: Forgiveness can be so difficult sometimes, but I think it's essential to healing.

J/LIN: Scary dreams are the ones that seem to stay with me the longest. Even though I might forget about them during the day..I always remember them right before I go to sleep..then I want to stay up!

DIANNE: Good luck today at the dentist. Let me know if you need me to come up there and kick him in the ankle! ;)

Maureen said...

Good evening feathered friends!

TINA...the dream is freaky enough, but that you and Junior Tina both had it is freakier.

I have had dreams that cast a shadow the stuck for days on end. I also had 2 dreams when I was around 6 that I still remember to this day.

SACBARB...sorry to read about Canton. {{hugs}} to Todd and Vickie. Now he will have front row seats to all the Football Hall of Fame induction ceremonies.

bonachichi said...

I have a dream... A nightmare. It's about something that happened a long time ago. It was the most awful thing I've ever seen in my life. But I was told that it officially "didn't happen".

So, since what I saw didn't officially happen, that awful thing just sits in my head and I live it again and again in my dreams. Talk about a mind-fuck.

Where's DeeDee? Did she bite someone with her new choppers and is unable to escape quarantine?

DeeDee said...

the other night I dreamed that I ate a 10 pound marshmallow...the next morning my pillow was gone...

Tina~in_ut said...

Belle took ur pillow.....look down....you DID eat a 10lb marshmallow~ ijs~

DeeDee said...

why Tina....I am going to get the DC....in the meantime...go to ur room and wait for me....

seems someone is a little big for her britches today.....

Tina~in_ut said...

lmbo!!!! I'm in my room.....with my daughter's laptop....my cross-stiching.....the tv on....and I just finished my book~ I'd love to wait for you here~ :D (bish!)

Just_Lin said...

Bonach What country were you in when you saw this?

whabbear said...

Tina, that's absolutely wild!

So here's an "only in the nest" admission that I've never told anybody. I have actually dreamed that I'm having sex with one of my sisters (the younger one) on a couple of occasions. It's not traumatic, cause we both kind of enjoy it (in the dream), but I wake up shaking my head in wonder!

Tina~in_ut said...

Bear~ I was just going to sign off and go to bed~ Now I'm afraid to~

Just_Lin said...

Bear That is interesting on a couple of different levels. Maybe it just means you really trust her emotionally.

Just_Lin said...

22

Just_Lin said...

23

Just_Lin said...

Sweet dreams, HOoters!