Pages

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

~ Why Women Are Crabby ~

by Tina~in_ut

We started to "bud" in our blouses at 9 or 10 years old only to find that anything that came in contact with those tender, blooming buds hurt so bad it brought us to tears. So came the ridiculously uncomfortable training bra contraption that the boys in school would snap until we had calluses on our backs.

Next, we get our periods in our early to mid-teens (or sooner). Along with those budding boobs, we bloated, we cramped, we got the hormone crankies, had to wear little mattresses between our legs or insert tubular, packed cotton rods in places we didn't even know we had.

Our next little rite of passage (premarital or not) was having sex for the first time which was about as much fun as having a ramrod push your uterus through your nostrils (IF he did it right and didn't end up with his little cart before his horse), leaving us to wonder what all the fuss was about.

Then it was off to Motherhood where we learned to live on dry crackers and water for a few months so we didn't spend the entire day leaning over Brother John. Of course, amazing creatures that we are (and we are), we learned to live with the growing little angels inside us steadily kicking our innards night and day making us wonder if we were preparing to have Rosemary's Baby.

Our once flat bellies looked like we swallowed a watermelon whole and we pee'd our pants every time we sneezed. When the big moment arrived, the dam in our blessed Nether Regions invariably burst right in the middle of the mall and we had to waddle, with our big cartoon feet, moaning in pain all the way to the ER.

Then it was huff and puff and beg to die while theOB says, "Please stop screaming, Mrs. Hearmeroar. Calm down and push. Just one more good push" (more like 10), warranting a strong, well-deserved impulse to punch the %*#!* (and hubby) square in the nose for making us cram a wiggling, mushroom-headed 10lb bowling ball through a keyhole.

After that, it was time to raise those angels only to find that when all that "cute" wears off, the beautiful little darlings morphed into walking, jabbering, wet, gooey, snot-blowing, life-sucking little poop machines.

Then come their "Teen Years." Need I say more?

When the kids are almost grown, we women hit our voracious sexual prime in our early 40's - while hubby had his somewhere around his 18th birthday.

So we progress into the grand finale: "The Menopause," the Grandmother of all womanhood. It's either take HRT and chance cancer in those now seasoned "buds" or the aforementioned Nether Regions, or, sweat like a hog in July, wash your sheets and pillowcases daily and bite the head off anything that moves.

Now, you ask WHY women seem to be more spiteful than men, when men get off so easy, INCLUDING the icing on life's cake: Being able to pee in the woods without soaking their socks...

So, while I love being a woman, "Womanhood" would make the Great Gandhi a tad crabby. Women are the "weaker sex"? Yeah right. Bite me.

35 comments:

DeeDee said...

BAM!!

bonachichi said...

Good morning Bonnie & Clyde. I mean, DeeDee & Tina. Freudian slip.

bonachichi said...

I don't remember any of that woman stuff. My boobs never hurt. Never had period problems. Maybe the "first time" was bad, but for a different reason.

I never got morning sickness, never completed a pregnancy. No labor and having the kids was just a matter of laying there and letting the doc do all the work.

Sex is bountiful and the only time I have to wash my sheets is when the aforementioned activity results in vigorous "exercise".

If there is such a thing as menopause in the cards for me, I've not been dealt that hand yet. Or maybe I have and just don't realize it.

I am just naturally cranky, I guess.

bonachichi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
bonachichi said...

DeeDee, what a nice little Pillbox Hat you have on today. So Jackie-O.

Might I recommend a nice Python belt for you? A snug fit for your little frame, to be sure.

And don't forget the shoes. Some nice alligator flats. Don't bother skinning the wee beasties. Just slip your feet right into their mouths. You'll need two for starters. Less after.

Just_Lin said...

Tina Thanks for the blog today. I do remember the tender boobs. I don't miss that. As a teen, I would get extremely bad cramps for a day or two during my period. That stopped after I got pregnant for the first time. Oh, and in "my day", pads were attached to a belt and the little metal fastener that the pad was attached to would invariably press right against the end of your tail bone and be very uncomfortable. Tampons and self-stick pads were great inventions.

Just_Lin said...

DeeDee Maybe you should lay off the moisturizers. You're getting a little, um, slimey.

Just_Lin said...

Bonach LOL @ your wardrobe tips for DeeDee.

Dianne/Denver said...

WOW JL u sound old with ur memories!

sacBarb said...

Happy Tuesday Owls.

DeeDee, BAM back atcha. Nice make-up job. I'm sure it will catch a lot of flies.

Tina, I remember all that, especially the mattress pad and J/L, the 'belts' that held them, too. ouch! However, my mother told me that when she was young they didn't have mattress pads so they used folded rags that they had to wash and reuse. ewwwwww

Bonachichi, I won't be asking you for fashion advice. :)

Di, How's the nausea? Maybe you're preggers? That would explain it.

Lynn, I hope things are still improving for Eva. ♥ Is your daughter still in the hospital too?

DeeDee said...

sanitary straps?

you all are very funny today but I happen to think this little froggy is quiet chic.....I feel somehow connected to this frog...

My nipples were not sensitive in a bad way...they tingled....it was like they were saying lick me lick me!!

And when I started my periods we couldn't afford store bought things for that....I just had to use an old rag...or whatever was available...a biscuit...a sponge...

but of course we wore the big hoop skirts and all....

Chrissy said...

I absolutely love this post Tina!

You got down every single key point and made me laugh every sentence!

I read a good book recently because in a new year feeling a little down about how I keep getting older, I needed a bit of a pick me up! I read this book by Sondra Wright called, 40+ and Fabulous: Moving Forward Fierce, Focused, and Full of Life! . It’s a fun and sassy look at a very serious issue, and that’s the stereotype in our society that forty over the hill so it’s all downhill from there. But I've finally realized...it's not at all!

Dianne/Denver said...

Who is Chrissy?

Maureen said...

TINA...the only thing I disagree with is about menopause and sweating like a hog in July...ya sweat like a hog in EVERY month...even during an arctic cold front!

JUST LIN and SACBARB...I had the belt, too! And as a special reward for starting my period I was taken to the drugstore and allowed to buy eyeshadow! And strangly, it was about the same shade as DEE DEE's frog is wearing!

DIANNE...I was wondering the same thing! The only Chrissy I know was the Chrissy doll with beautiful flowing cinnamon hair that you could pull out of the top of her head!

Tina~in_ut said...

OMG!!! Those belts were horrible....and now I wish I had one just to keep the sucker in place!~ lol~

Hi Chrissy~

(Chrissy is from Vancouver!)

Hi Di~ hope all went well with the doctor~

Mary/MI said...

Tina from area 51, it looks like your the one on your (.) not DeeDee, ijs, you seem a little "crankier" today! That period looks more like your little boobie. How can something that small ever hurt????

I remember the lovely cramps and the strap thingy. I was always sure everyone was looking at me when Auntie Flo showed up lol!

I am grateful that I had an uneventful "change of life". breezed right through it and still have both ovaries in tact. I wonder if having them is the reason I breezed through, or if that means I am in for late troubles?

goldie said...

Hello Hooters! Remember me? My name is Goldie and I have been AWOL for some good amount of time now.

I don't know how life gets busier after your kids grow up- but is does.

After 2 weeks of guests over the holidays, I am now people free. I loved every minute, but it was tiring!

For all you wonderful Owls who sent me Christmas Cards- your's should arrive by Valentines Day! :)
I thank you so very much.

One of my best friend lost her husband suddenly yesterday. He died in the car on the way to the cemetary after her sister's husbands funeral. She is in shock and so are we all.

It made me think about all my dear friends and I had to come tell you all how much I appreciate you all- even if I don't communicate it often enough.

I promise to be back more often then not (whether you like it or not!)

xxoo

Tina~in_ut said...

Hi Goldie~ that is SO sad about ur friend's hubby~ So sorry~

Mary~ lmbo....how did you know?~

Mary/MI said...

Goldi!! I was sorry to hear about your friend's sadness. Life can surely kick you when you are down! My thoughts & prayers to them all.
Thanks for checking in. We have missed you!

Mary/MI said...

I forgot to welcome Chrissy!!! Hi Chrissy!!

Maureen said...

GOLDIE! GOLDIE! GOLDIE! GOLDIE!

Mary/MI said...

MO MO MO MO MO MO!!!!

bonachichi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tina~in_ut said...

MARY FRICKIN' POPPINS!!!~

East Bay J said...

Oh I remember that belt with the metal clips! Owiee is all I can remember. So uncomfortable!

Quick fly by, good to see you Goldie! Sorry about your friend...

Hope everyone had a good day!

Maureen said...

MARY MARY MARY MARY rhymes with
CARY CARY CARY CARY!!!

Mary/MI said...

Titty touching Tina!!!!!!

MO MO MOM rhymes with dough dough dough, which I didn't win in the Mega million lottery tonight :(
Almost 400 million!!! Who ever won is now my bestest friend!!!!

iteach said...

Tina, how did you know that Aunt Flo showed her ugly self to my door today! Ughhh!!!

whabbear said...

Tina, I was alternately laughing and squirming... what a great blog!!!!

Do I have anything in the male horror department to match it? Hmmm... let me think. First time getting "bottomed" comes to mind! LOL!

Actually, it wasn't that bad! And I haven't been struck squarely in the balls all that often...

Goldie: Welcome back! That is an unbelievable story!

Just_Lin said...

Goldie We've missed you! I'm so sorry to hear about your friend's husband. I sure understand why family and friends would be in shock.

Just_Lin said...

Chrissy Hi!

Just_Lin said...

Sweet dreams, HOoters!

Tina~in_ut said...

SHUDDUP Mary~

Sorry Jennifer~

Bear~ TMI!!!~ :)~

Maureen said...

Is it time for bed yet?

I'm soooo tired.

Maureen said...

I guess not :(

Off to work