Pages

Thursday, September 16, 2010

An Endearing Toast

My 50th Birthday came and went, it seems so long ago, yet it was just last month. Everything turned out great. It was truly one of the best days of my life. Everyone that was there has meant so much to me throughout my life, and it was great to celebrate with them. IS#2 toasted me towards the end of the evening, as everyone held their champagne glasses, filled to the brim with yummy champagne, he said the following:


"When I was trying to think of some things to say about my Aunt I was having a hard time. Mainly because there is so much I could say that to try to sum it up in a couple of minutes seems unfair. But I will try.....

Carol is one of the most caring and unselfish people I know. Often times she'll go above and beyond for those she loves, and even for people she doesn't that well. Unfortunately, that means that she often forgets to give herself time for her. And that's why today is so important, because it gives us all a chance to show her how much we appreciate all she's done, how much we love her, and how special she is to each one of us. 

Along with my mother, Grandmother, and Aunt Diane, Carol is one of the four women I've had throughout my entire life that I couldn't imagine being without. 

After all, there is no one more qualified and responsible to take care of my brothers and me when we were growing up than Carol. This is the woman who heard me screaming the words "Help me" repeatedly from a Roy Rogers bathroom when I was a child, but was too embarrassed to come and help. And let's not forget the day my eldest brother was choking me to the point where every blood vessel in my face popped. And what did Carol do. What any responsible adult would have done who was put in charge of minors... 

She laughed!!!!!

But all jokes aside, Carol is not just my aunt, she's also my friend. Lately, she has been asking if, when she gets older, will I pick her up and bring her to my home for the holidays, and let her be around my kids. I usually reply with a simple "no" or "I'll take you to a park and leave you there." But the truth is Car...I'll always be there to pick you up, whether it's to bring you to my home for Christmas 30 years from now, of just listening to you vent tomorrow, or just being there whenever you need me. 

I Love You.. Happy Birthday!!!!"

Thank You IS#2, I love you with all my heart...
♥♥♥

26 comments:

Tina~in_ut said...

I love love love his toast~ do eggs and bacon come with that? :)~

Shirley(NCC-1701) said...

Moaning Tina!

Shirley(NCC-1701) said...

Carol what a wonderful toast for you! Fantastic!

whabbear said...

Morning, Tina and Shirley!

Carol, I second those sentiments and raise them along with a glass of champagne!

OK, gang, gotta dash off to work *dashes off*

East Bay J said...

Beautiful! So well said!

Have a great day everyone, I too must dash for work.

goldie said...

What a wonderful Italian Stallion! Where do I get one of those??

Seriously, wonderful toast and I am so happy that you have such a family that loves you so much!

Good Morning tina~, Shirley,Bear and EBJ!!

Lynn D said...

Morning Glories!

Tina I see you started moaning at two. Janice must have finally removed the gag. :)

Carol that was so fantastic and it made me teary eyed. Love that special relationship you have with your nephews.

sacBarb said...

Carol, We all know what a special and caring person you are and it was validated by this toast from your nephew. I also got teary-eyed from reading it. You are so lucky to have such a wonderful relationship with all of your family, but especially your nephews. It is no surprise that they love you so much.♥

sacBarb said...

Good moaning Tina and waving to Shirley, Bear, Lynn, EBJ, Goldie and all the other Owls.

Have a great day.

whabbear said...

Hi, Lynn D! Hi, Barb!

Zona said...

CAROL: That was great! It sounds like your nephew has the same wonderful way with words that you do. It's such a blessing to have the kind of loving family that you have..one that will celebrate all the good times with you as well as hold you up during the not so good times. btw..I was always the aunt that laughed at the wrong things too! :D

Waving HI to TINA, SHIRLEY, GOLDIE, LYNN and SACBARB!

EBJ: What did you think of the BB results?

Area 51:

BEAR: I'm hoping it will start cooling down by the 1st..I don't think you'll want to go to PS with the 110 degree temps we're getting this weekend..or maybe for you, the hotter the better... :)...;D

MO: Send cool weather please..take a deep breath and..blooooooowwww... :D

DIANNE: I hope you're resting more comfortably today! :)

Have a great afternoon everyone!

Lynn D said...

Afternoon Glories!

Hope everyone is having a great day.

It is so darn muggy and wet here today I am just sapped of energy. Took a nap and kept having weird dreams about losing my car keys, couldn't find my car. Lost my purse and they were just freaking weird. Is there a full moon coming up?

Maureen said...

CAROL...that was BEAUTIFUL and not surprising...knowing you. I can hear you laughing at your nephews in the most inopportune times!! Your relationship with your nephews and SIL is so incredible. I'm so glad you had a great 50th!

TINA...LOL@ do eggs and bacon come with the toast!!

ZONA...Ummmm, that's a little personal asking for a blow job...ijs!

LYNN...it was really muggy here today, too. And we had major thunderstorms...looked like it was midnight outside and it was 9am! Better now..phew!

Waving a damp wing at SHIRLEY and WHABBY and SACBARB and GOLDIE and EBJ and Elizabeth and Erin and Jim Bob and John Boy and Grampa and...

Shirley(NCC-1701) said...

Just heard this evening about a friend who died on Tuesday from an anyurism (sp). They say she died instantly, which I guess is the best way to go. She was only 44. We weren't really close but we had hung out different time and exchanged gifts at Christmas and birthdays. Very sad news.

Maureen said...

SHIRLEY...that is so sad. I am so very sorry for your loss. {{{HUGS}}

Maureen said...

TINA...you're sleeping in tomorrow, right? I have the day off and I am going to moan my way into first!!!

night.owls.sb said...

Thanks everyone for the comments on the blog.. It truly was a special celebration and so glad it turned out the way it did..

Tonight was the rehearsal for the wedding.. OMG.. I was crying at the church and it was just the rehearsal.. can't even imagine how I am going to be on Saturday.. My SIL was crying too.. then we looked at each other and both laughed cause we felt so silly..

Then we all then went out to dinner hosted by my SIL.. it was great.. we all chatted about the wedding with excitement..

Really, Really looking forward to Saturday..

You guys must be so tired of me taking about this.. sorry..

Mo.. thanks for the call that was sweet..


Good times...

night.owls.sb said...

And the Roy Rodgers story is totally true.. He insisted on going to bathroom alone. (I wanted to take him) so I let him go.. He locked himself in and did not know how to unlock the door.. I heard him scream for help.. but was frozen, cause I did not know what to do.. remember I was in my 20s and back than you did not hear so much about crazy people stealing kids... so I just sat there (with IS#1).. A manager heard the help cry and went to the bathroom with a key to let him out.. He walked over to our table all red faced and I said to him.. "see I told you I would take you".. and the rest is history..

:O)

night.owls.sb said...

Shirley..

That is sad.. so young.. sorry for your loss..

DeeDee said...

"gag!!"....cough cough....oops!...sucked a potato chip down my windpipe....sorry...

night.owls.sb said...

Dee..

Did my blog make you gag, or was it really a a potato chip?

Jodi said...

CAROL - So sweet!! The relationship you have with your nephews is priceless ♥

MO - lol @ the blow job remark!!

I hope everyone has a great Friday. It is 6 am and I just woke up = priceless for me ♥

Jodi said...

SHIRLEY - I'm so sorry for your loss. Trust me...she did not suffer. My Mom died from the same thing. (((hugs))) from Wisconsin my friend ♥

Jodi said...

25.....just for shits and giggles ♥

I better go get the kidlets up for school!!

Bebbilane said...

Carol: Wow, that made me cry..what a beautiful toast. :) awwww..you are such an awesome lady. We all know that here too..and I love ya!! :)

Maureen said...

Uh oh...BEBBI is getting primed and ready to moan her way into 1st this morning...LOL!